Specialist Fertility Counselling
Specialist Fertility Counselling is available to anyone who is concerned or curious about fertility, infertility, sexual health and reproduction, or anyone who is going through fertility investigations and or treatment including IUI, IVF, ICSI, Donor treatment, surrogacy, pregnancy loss or onco-fertility.
A person suffering from fertility challenges or infertility, can face complex issues which span biological, psychological, social and ethical domains. Fertility investigations and treatment can be challenging. Challenging on the body, on the mind, and equally on your relationships with your partner (if you have one), spouse, family, friends or work colleagues.
Specialist Fertility Counselling consists of a mixture of therapeutic work, educative elements and implications. It can help you develop skills and coping strategies, which can lead to a sense of control and empowerment.
Discussion of these issues in a counselling context is often beneficial. Your specially trained counsellor will work with you to identify and address any issues, worries or concerns you may have.
Issues that may be affecting you include:
- Feelings of anxiety or stress
- A sense of loss of control or frustration
- Relationship difficulties
- Feelings of guilt or anger about the situation
- Feeling low, upset, tearful
- Difficulty making decisions related to investigations or treatment
- A sense of being overwhelmed
- Uncertainty about the future, concerns about implications of treatment